HomeWorldThe United States named...

The United States named the most realistic option for using Russian assets

Image: Getty Images

Janet Yellen considered a “viable” option for the G7 countries to provide a loan, which would be secured with Russian assets.

The “most promising” idea for Ukraine is for the G7 countries to give it a loan, which will be secured by income and interest from Russia’s fixed assets in Europe. This is what US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said, The New York Times reports.

Along with the announced option for using $300 billion of Russia’s dormant assets, more remains to be considered.

G7 finance ministers will meet in Italy this week with the aim of finalizing a plan they can present to heads of state before the group’s leaders meet next month.

As a reminder, the United States believes it would be legal under international law to confiscate the money and hand it over to Ukraine, but some European countries, particularly France and Germany, are wary of the legality of such a move and the precedent it will set. create. The desire to act collectively in Europe has greatly weakened the US commitment to this idea.

As you know, the countries of the European Union agreed that they are ready to use 90% of the revenues to buy weapons for Ukraine through the European Peace Fund. The remaining 10% will go to reconstruction and non-lethal acquisitions to satisfy countries such as Ireland, Austria, Cyprus and Malta, which are militarily neutral.

Hungary blocks the confiscation of frozen assets of the Russian Federation – media

New Correspondent.net on Telegram and WhatsApp. Subscribe to our channels Athletistic and WhatsApp

Source: korrespondent

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

On social media, fans react to Jin, from BTS, being discharged from the military

With Jin's military discharge, thousands of BTS fans around the world made a point of celebrating the artist's return through social mediaLast Tuesday night, the 11th, (Wednesday morning in South Korean time due to the time difference), Jinwas officially discharged from the South Korean army, after completing...

BTS’s Jin sends emotional message to fans after military discharge

After 18 months of enlistment, Jin's military discharge from BTS officially took place this Wednesday, 12After a year and a half of military enlistment, Jin, from BTS, has been officially relieved of his duties as an active soldier in the South Korean Armed Forces. The idol...

BTS members celebrate Jin’s military discharge: “Congratulations, dad”

After Jin's military discharge, BTS members celebrated his return through social media with cute posts. Look!On the night of last Tuesday, 11th, Brasília time (Wednesday morning South Korean time), Jinbecame the first member of BTS to be discharged from the South Korean army, after completing his...

Russia will remotely bypass Ukraine with aerial bombs that look like small balls (PHOTO)

Russian invaders are remotely mining Ukraine with SHOAB-0.5 ball fragmentation bombs. .in_text_content_22 { width: 300px; height: 600px; } @media(min-width: 600px) { .in_text_content_22 { width: 580px; height: 400px; } } . This was reported by the press service of the State Emergency Service. From the outside they look...

“13 Sentiments”, by Daniel Ribeiro, premieres in theaters

This time, filmmaker Daniel Ribeiro stands out for his sex scenes, as real and natural as lifeBy Eduardo de Assumpção*"13 Feelings" (Brazil, 2024) Feelings are the engine that drives Daniel Ribeiro's new film, at least 13 of them. But the first thing that hits is the...