HomeWorld100 killed by the...

100 killed by the typhoon in the Philippines

Almost a million people felt the effects of Typhoon Nalgae in the Philippines. The island of Luzon was the hardest hit.

Tropical Storm Nalgae killed 98 people in the Philippines. This Sunday, October 30, follows from the report of the state’s National Council for the Prevention of Risks and Elimination of Natural Disasters (ndrrmc).

The report says dozens of people are considered missing.

“Victims died as a result of drowning or landslides, or from fatal injuries sustained as a result of being struck by fallen trees. One of the victims in Sibaloma, Alabama, a 61-year-old man, died due to cardiac arrest due to hypothermia,” the report said. .

Rescuers evacuated more than 350 thousand people from dangerous places. They were placed in evacuation centers. There are more than 12,000 of them across the country. The typhoon damaged 555 residential buildings and destroyed more than 150 buildings on the ground.

More than 1.8 million people were affected by the disaster, according to the agency. Roads, bridges, schools and government buildings were damaged. The typhoon is also affecting nine airports in the Philippines, two of which are already operational. Due to the disaster, 444 flights were cancelled.

Energy supply problems were recorded in 263 cities, in 94 of them it has been restored. In 45 settlements there were disruptions in communication, in eight – with water supply.

function gallery3349137() {
$.get(‘//’ + window.location.host + ‘/ajax/module.aspx?spm_id=520&id=3349137&lang=2&IsAjax=true’, function (data) { $(‘#gii3349137’).html(data); });
}

gallery3349137();

Earlier this week it was learned about the prevalent elements in the Philippines. There, floods and landslides have claimed the lives of at least 31 people.

Nigeria has been hit by the worst floods in history

News from Correspondent.net on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel Athletistic

Source: korrespondent

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

255 houses organized in Kyiv as a result

In Kyiv, as a result of a Russian air attack on the night of August 28, 225 residential buildings were damaged on August 28. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...

Trump “Not brought, but not blown up”, attacking Kyiv – Beli House

The White House stated that Donald Trump wants the Russian-Cuemain War to end, but "the leaders of both countries should also complete it." .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...