HomeWorldPoland agrees to build...

Poland agrees to build its first nuclear power plant

NATO countries aim to diversify energy supplies and counter Russian attempts to use energy resources as a weapon.

Poland has chosen American electrical company Westinghouse to build its first nuclear power plant, US Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said. About this on Friday, October 28, Reuters wrote.

“I want to share the news: Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced that Poland has chosen the US government and Westinghouse to implement the first part of its $40 billion nuclear project,” the US minister told the ministerial conference of IAEA in Washington.

Also, information about the construction of a nuclear power plant in Poland was confirmed by the Prime Minister of the country in Twitter Mateusz Morawiecki.

“A strong Polish-American alliance guarantees the success of joint initiatives. We confirm the implementation of the nuclear project using Westinghouse’s proven and safe technology,” Morawiecki wrote.

He added that the official decision of the Polish Council of Ministers on this issue will be taken on Wednesday.

Westinghouse competed with the South Korean state-owned Korea Hydro Nuclear Power. Warsaw also held talks with French companies on the project.

In line with Poland’s nuclear power development program, Poland plans to equip its first nuclear power plant with PWR reactors. It is assumed that in 2033 the first block will be launched, located in the coastal area of ​​Gdansk. Subsequent units will be built every two to three years, and the entire nuclear program includes the construction of six units with a capacity of up to 9 GW.

It was previously reported that Russia is conducting illegal construction on the territory of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant.

News from Correspondent.net on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel Athletistic

Source: korrespondent

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

255 houses organized in Kyiv as a result

In Kyiv, as a result of a Russian air attack on the night of August 28, 225 residential buildings were damaged on August 28. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...

Trump “Not brought, but not blown up”, attacking Kyiv – Beli House

The White House stated that Donald Trump wants the Russian-Cuemain War to end, but "the leaders of both countries should also complete it." .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...

In Kyiv, the same victims of the Russian attack – GSCS

In Kyiv, the number of the dead as a result of a mass Russian air attack at night at night. August 28 increased to 21. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...