Facebook Pinterest Tumblr
  • News
  • World
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Healthcare
  • More
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinion
    • Automobiles
    • Markets
    • Economy
Search
Buna Times
Buna Times
  • News
  • World
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Healthcare
  • More
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinion
    • Automobiles
    • Markets
    • Economy
HomeWorldHungary and Slovakia agreed...
June 18, 2024

Hungary and Slovakia agreed on the candidacy of the new NATO Secretary General

By David
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp


    Hungary and Slovakia have agreed on the candidacy of Mark Rutte for the post of new NATO Secretary General.

    .in_text_content_22 { width: 300px; height: 600px; } @media(min-width: 600px) { .in_text_content_22 { width: 580px; height: 400px; } }

    .

    Previously, the Hungarian Prime Minister opposed Rutte’s candidacy for this post. Viktor Orbán made two demands on Rutte. One of them is to assure that Hungary, as part of NATO, will not participate in alliance operations against the Russians in Ukraine. Orban also demanded an apology from Rutte for criticizing his government.

    Rutte himself said after talks with Orban that he was “cautiously optimistic” about overcoming Hungarian opposition to his candidacy.

    The Prime Minister of the Netherlands offered the Prime Minister of Hungary the opportunity not to participate in NATO activities to support Ukraine if he is appointed Secretary General of the Alliance.

    According to the Financial Times, the day before Mark Rutte and Viktor Orban met on the sidelines of the EU leaders’ dinner in Brussels.

    The Dutch prime minister has promised that under his leadership of the military alliance, Budapest will have the right to refuse to participate in NATO activities in support of Ukraine, two people familiar with the discussions said.

    The alliance is seeking consensus among its 32 members for a new four-year term to succeed Norway’s Stoltenberg as secretary general when he steps down in October 2024.

    The US, UK, France, Germany and Türkiye have said they will support Rutte’s candidacy. If reports that Hungary and Slovakia now support him are confirmed, Romania will be the last country whose leadership needs convincing.

    Source: Racurs

    David
    David

    I am David Wyatt, a professional writer and journalist for Buna Times. I specialize in the world section of news coverage, where I bring to light stories and issues that affect us globally. As a graduate of Journalism, I have always had the passion to spread knowledge through writing.

    Related

    - A word from our sponsors -

    Most Popular

    Russia says Trump will not come to Beijing on September 3

    Payments under the student package program received 86 thousand families

    More than 15 thousand hotels need compensation from Booking.com

    General staff denies the massive transfer of Air Defense military personnel to Infantry

    • Tags
    • Hungary
    • NATO news
    • Slovakia

    LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here
    You have entered an incorrect email address!
    Please enter your email address here

    Previous article
    Stray Kids confirms comeback with cinematic trailer; look!
    Next article
    The Cabinet of Ministers found another 238 million for fortifications in the Kharkov region

    More from Author

    World

    Russia says Trump will not come to Beijing on September 3

    David -
    World

    Payments under the student package program received 86 thousand families

    David -
    World

    More than 15 thousand hotels need compensation from Booking.com

    David -
    World

    General staff denies the massive transfer of Air Defense military personnel to Infantry

    David -

    - A word from our sponsors -

    Read Now

    Russia says Trump will not come to Beijing on September 3

    Payments under the student package program received 86 thousand families

    More than 15 thousand hotels need compensation from Booking.com

    General staff denies the massive transfer of Air Defense military personnel to Infantry

    Trump rose to the US fleet to the Venezuela coast – Axios

    The United States of America sent warships to Venezuela. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } US President Donald Trump ordered to transfer seven ships from 4 thousand 500...

    Removal of Men 18-22 Years: What is happening on the border

    Kuibyshevsky Oil Refinery stopped in Russia after the drone attack

    In the Russian Federation, data on the death of 220 thousand Russian soldiers were found in Ukraine

    Volkswagen prepares the strongest golf r with motor from Audi RS3

    The President signed State Policy Law of National Memory

    Porsche refused to make batteries for de -electrical cars

    Vincent made a statement about Ukraine’s territorial integrity

    Buna Time
    • DMCA
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Contact Us
    • Advertising and Outreach

    All Rights Reserved © 2023 - Buna Times