HomeWorldThree countries block Turkish...

Three countries block Turkish arms funding for Ukraine – media

Image: US Army

The permanent representatives of Greece, Cyprus and France quickly responded by blocking the scheme, Kathimerini said.

Greece, Cyprus and France have blocked funding for the supply of Bayraktar drones and Turkish-made artillery shells to Ukraine, to be purchased with EU funds.

This was reported by the Greek publication Kathimerini, citing a diplomatic source in Brussels.

“During a meeting of the European Union’s Political and Security Committee early last week, three countries expressed their opposition, vetoing a proposal that seemed to have the support of a majority of member states,” it said.

The publication states that the permanent missions of Greece and Cyprus in the EU have for some time had signs of a large order being prepared from Turkey, which will be financed by EU funds earmarked for emergency needs. of Ukraine.

“When this was actually confirmed, the permanent representatives of Greece, Cyprus and France reacted quickly by blocking the procedure,” the publication added.

Let’s add that Turkey refused to transfer Russian S-400s to Ukraine, as proposed by the United States.

US warns Turkey of possible sanctions for aid to Russia – media
New Correspondent.net on Telegram and WhatsApp. Subscribe to our channels Athletistic and WhatsApp

Source: korrespondent

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

68 Bespilonikov attacked Ukraine at night on August 29 – it was the result of nine seats (infographics).

Russian invaders on the night of August 29 (from August 28) attacked Ukraine 68 ShaAHD drones and imitators of various types. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } The...

In Kyiv, love eyelashes post -Rosian lands

In Kyiv, the consequences of a mass Russian air attack, which occurred on the night of August 28, continue. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } This was reported...