HomeWorldZelensky ruled out compromises...

Zelensky ruled out compromises on sanctions for Russia

Photo: Press Service of the President of Ukraine

Such compromises make it impossible for Ukraine to quickly win the war, the head of state said.

There can be no compromise on the imposition of sanctions by Ukraine’s partner states against Russia for a full-scale aggression. This was announced on Friday, March 3, by the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky at a joint press conference with the President of Latvia Egils Levits in Lvov.

“There can be no compromise on sanctions. We see that it happens all the time. We work with analytics: how the Russians avoid sanctions, which helps them. Compromise on some measures of sanctions,” said Zelensky.

He specifically noted that such compromises “make a quick victory impossible,” since the functioning of Russia’s military infrastructure depends on them.

“We must do everything to prevent them (the Russians – ed.) from producing the amount of weapons that they have come to us and may still come. But the sanctions are valid. It is important to “squeeze” the partners both in the EU and in the world. This is where we need Latvia’s help,” the president said.

Zelensky expressed gratitude to Latvia, as well as Lithuania, Estonia and Poland for the fact that these countries support Ukraine as much as possible in the EU on sanctions issues.

Earlier this week, EU Special Representative David O’Sullivan said Brussels would shift its focus to sanctions, with a focus on enforcing existing restrictions. In addition, third countries are in the field of attention.

After that, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry stated that there is still room for the growth of sanctions against the Russian Federation and named a number of Russian industries that have so far evaded sanctions.

news Correspondent.net on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel Athletistic

Source: korrespondent

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

255 houses organized in Kyiv as a result

In Kyiv, as a result of a Russian air attack on the night of August 28, 225 residential buildings were damaged on August 28. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...

Trump “Not brought, but not blown up”, attacking Kyiv – Beli House

The White House stated that Donald Trump wants the Russian-Cuemain War to end, but "the leaders of both countries should also complete it." .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...

In Kyiv, the same victims of the Russian attack – GSCS

In Kyiv, the number of the dead as a result of a mass Russian air attack at night at night. August 28 increased to 21. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } ...