HomePoliticsCulture Minister Says Indigenous...

Culture Minister Says Indigenous Leader Olinda Silvano Provided Guarantees Following Death Threats

Olinda Silvano and her family received death threats. | Fountain: Inca Culture Center Garcilaso

adUnits.push({
code: ‘Rpp_politica_gobierno_Nota_Interna1’,
mediaTypes: {
banner: {
sizes: (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone|android|iPod/i)) ? [[300, 250], [320, 460], [320, 480], [320, 50], [300, 100], [320, 100]] : [[300, 250], [320, 460], [320, 480], [320, 50], [300, 100], [320, 100], [635, 90]]
}
},
bids: [{
bidder: ‘appnexus’,
params: {
placementId: ‘14149971’
}
},{
bidder: ‘rubicon’,
params: {
accountId: ‘19264’,
siteId: ‘314342’,
zoneId: ‘1604128’
}
},{
bidder: ‘amx’,
params: {
tagId: ‘MTUybWVkaWEuY29t’
}
},{
bidder: ‘oftmedia’,
params: {
placementId: navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone|android|iPod/i) ? ‘22617692’: ‘22617693’
}
}]
});

Minister of Culture Leslie Urteaga visited the Shipibo-Konibo community to support human rights activist and artist Olinda Silvano before threats to his life. Owner culture He indicated that he would accompany the process of investigating death threats against representatives of indigenous peoples or their relatives, without succumbing to the extortion of criminals demanding payment of 2,000 soles.

“As you well know, Olinda Silvano is our emblematic shipibo-konibo artist, who represents us with her kene embroidery not only at home but also abroad. Guarantees already issued. These are administrative actions that are issued through the prefecture and sub-prefecture so that our sister and her family, who are also threatened, can have adequate protection,” he said.

Recall that this is in addition to the assassination of the well-known indigenous leader Santiago Kontorikon on April 8 with several shots in the Junin district. Urteaga assured that a committee had been formed that would not only take care of the needs of the community, but would also investigate the person responsible for this murder.

Finally, he indicated that within the next few days, the Place of Remembrance should be reopened following the submission of an adaptation plan for building safety, which the municipality of MirafloreYes Hope you can attend soon.

The PNP reports that the murder of Santiago Kontoricon was the work of drug traffickers.

Police Station VI Junin-Huancavelica, PPP General Colim Sim Galvan, said that the dead ashaninka leader Santiago Contoricon will be the reprisal for recent drug seizures in the Rio Tambo area, in Satipo, Junin.

The officer mentioned that the crime was already being investigated by three specialized police teams: Huancayo forensics agents, Lima homicide officers and Pichanaka police officers.


Source: RPP

- A word from our sponsors -

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

- A word from our sponsors -

Read Now

In Kyiv, as a result of the accident, the driver of the deceased died on a shelf

In Kyiv today, August 29, there was a fatal road accident with the participation of law enforcement agencies. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } This was reported by...

Russia sent half solemn as infographics for war)

In Russia, for the first time from the beginning of the invasion of financing and weapons of Ukraine, every second ruble was eaten from taxpayers to the federal budget. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }}...

68 Bespilonikov attacked Ukraine at night on August 29 – it was the result of nine seats (infographics).

Russian invaders on the night of August 29 (from August 28) attacked Ukraine 68 ShaAHD drones and imitators of various types. .in_text_content_22 {width: 300px; Height: 600px; } @Media (min-width: 600px) {.in_text_content_22 {width: 580px; Height: 400px; }} .Adsbygoogle {Touch-Action: Manipulation; } The...